It is important to have long-range goals in order to overcome those short-range challenges.
When you have long-range goals on your health and fitness, you will have long-range goals on what you eat and how you exercise. You will treat your body with love and respect. You will not baby it. You will challenge it to become physically fit- not enable it to become fat and out of shape.
When you have long-range goals in physical fitness and weight loss:
* You can overcome the constant invitations of eating out when you need to eat in order to minimize your overeating.
* You will have annual check-ups with your doctor or primary care physician to ensure you have no long-term health challenges.
* You make the time to exercise because it will empower you to become fit and healthy.
* You will not just eat out of habit but will eat to sustain your health.
* You will look at innovative ways to exercise because you do not want to be in an exercise rut.
* You will not look for short-cuts but improve methods of achieve optimal health and fitness.
* You will keep track of those important numbers such as weight, blood pressure, cholesterol level, etc.
* You will be around those people and ideas that empower you to achieve your weight loss goals and fitness goals.
Long-term goals should be in writing.
When you are overweight, it is critical to have a goal of being at your ideal weight. You cannot have the same habits or else you will always be overweight. Long-range goals will be your map to change. It will be your map to lose weight and become physically fit.
Source by Pascasio JR Felisilda